mpanty

Default "average" IF

Hi.

I have a table with rating values for each game my team plays, and the
games played belong to different categories (league, friendly, cup
etc.).

My question is: is there a way to tell Excel to calculate the average
of only league games, friendly games, and cup games separately?

For example:

*Game * -1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6-
*Category * -L / L / F / C / L / C-
*Rating *- 6.7 / 5.6 / 5.3 / 7.5 / 6.7 / 7.8-

Is there a way to tell Excel: pick only the values which have
corresponding column values of L (for league) and calculate an average
of only those values? Then for friendly (F) and Cup (C) games?

Thanks for your help.

--
mpanty
mpanty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21377