Debra Dalgleish

If these are separate fields in the pivot table, you can create a
calculated field:

On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTableFormulas Calculated Field
Type Delta as the field name
For the formula, type: =B-A
Click OK
In the pivot table, right-click on the heading for the Delta field
Choose Field Settings
Click the Options button
From the Show Data As dropdown, choose Running Total In
For the Base Field, choose your Row field
Click OK

carlyman wrote:
Is it possible to add a "dynamic" field to a Pivot Table?

For example: I have two columns A and B. I want the dynamic field to
show B-A. More specifically, I'd like the Delta (B-A) column to show
the growing total of the difference.

A---B--Delta
0---1----1
3---4----2
0---0----2
1---1----2

I know a database would be better for this, and I know there are
options with VB scripting; however, just assume neither of those can be
done.

Thanks,
JC

--