Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Neal Zimm Neal Zimm is offline

Default InputBox Ypos Calculator, oct07

Hi -
I want to build a function that will assist in setting the Ypos for
an InputBox. I have a lot of variability in how deep they are, and if there's
a lot of text lines I want the Ypos 'higher' on the screen.

What's your take on the following before I start barking up the wrong tree:

About 42 characters before a text line wraps around.
The vbCr constant is Chr(13).

So .... a formula to get the text line count to vary the Ypos would be
something like:

Qtylines = int(len(concatenation of string vars in box msg) / 42) plus
results of a loop that counts the occurances of chr(13) in the aforementioned
concatenation.

The result would not have to be exact, but a decent 'indicator'.

Thanks.
--
Neal Z