Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default VBA - JumpTo Specific Row

Hi Kirk,

Selected Cells always have a bold outline. I don't know any way of getting
rid of it.

For you other request insert the following private sub in each worksheet so
that it calls a sub in a module. (Being an event driven procedure it must be
tied to the worksheet):-

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)

Cancel = True
Call Cell_Select(Target)

End Sub

Then insert the following sub in a module so that it can be called from the
event driven procedure in each worksheet. The Target value is passed to it
when it is called:-

Sub Cell_Select(Target)

Dim response As Variant
Dim foundCell As Range

response = InputBox("Enter data to find in column")

Columns(Target.Column).Select

Set foundCell = Selection.Find(What:=response, _
After:=Cells(Rows.Count, Target.Column), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, _
SearchFormat:=False)

If Not foundCell Is Nothing Then

foundCell.Select
'Place cell in top row of window.
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = foundCell.Row

'Alternative: Place cell in top left of window
'Application.Goto Range(foundCell.Address), Scroll:=True

Else
MsgBox response & " Not found"
Target.Select

I will be out of the picture for a few days but will check back here after
that in case you have any further problems but feel free to post a fresh
request if you want answers before I return.

Regards,

OssieMac