Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mathew mathew is offline

Default Find data for a Macro with a Dynamic Range

I have data with numerous records. Each row is a record. Users add rows
about 2 times a week. The columns are organized so that particular data goes
under them, like job title, or email. What I have completed is a Macro
allows the users to input the data into the database. Im using input boxes
and it works fine. I used Input box, code is:

Cells(LINENUM, 24) = InputBox(Prompt:="What is the e-mail for the Certified
Accountant ?" & vbNewLine & "Please type it below! ", Title:="E-mail for the
Certified Accountant of " & FSName, Default:=CATitle)

It worked great!

However, it seems that the data will have an occasional column added. I
cant predict where the column will be added or when that will occur. There
are a great number of columns and the users want to keep the columns €ślocated
by topic.€ť How can I label the columns so my code could be:

Cells(LINENUM, email) = InputBox(Prompt:="What is the e-mail €¦..

Ive tried naming the column using Range and it was called €śemail€ť. But
that crashes the macro. Any help would be appreciated!