Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jb jb is offline

Default CountIF or SumIf Question

Perfect. Saw that function but had no idea to use it like that, not in 100
years.

Reading the help screen and finding this out on my own, it appears that the
range has to be the same for all arrays (a1:a100, b1:b100, etc.) In the
spreadsheet I am referencing, new data is imported regularly so that the
number of rows will most likely change. Is there a way to determine the
number of rows in that spreadsheet to get the second half of the array
number (that is, I know that their will always be a header in row 1 so the
data will start in row 2. I do not know where it will end A2:A????)

Thanks a lot - not a big deal if this is very complex.

John
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=""),--(B1:B100=0),--(C1:C100=0))

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"jb" wrote in message
Hello,
Following up on previous help provided and which as worked great:

Without having to add a column to a spreadsheet, I need to count the
number
of rows that match criteria based on three columns. That is, If column A
is
blank AND column B=0 AND column C=0, this would count as 1 valid row,
otherwise 0 valid row. It looks like I could do this somehow with IF()
and
I'd like to use one of the functions you guys have been referencing
(sumIF,
countIF, etc.). I do not know how to use compound criteria. I thought I
could do something like =Sum(IF(A="" AND B=0 AND C=0, 1, 0)), but that
doesn't
seem to work. I see there is an AND function: AND(A="",B=0,C=0) or
something like
that. I know I could use a DCount() function, but I was hoping to avoid
using
criteria columns in my spreadsheet. Very confused.

Thanks for any help!

John