Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_56_] Andrew[_56_] is offline

Default Code runs for a while, then stops working

Hello,
Here's a code I am using to sort data each time the workbook opens.
This code runs fine for a while, and then, without changing the code,
stops working. When it stops, the error I get is: Run time error
1004. Application defined or object defined error. This seems like a
very simple code to write, and it does work sometimes. Can some
explain why it intermittently fails? If not, can you recommend a code
which will do the same task without fail?

thanks.
Andrew

Private Sub workbook_open()
Worksheets("data").Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(50000, 7)).Sort
Key1:=Worksheets("data").Range("D2")
end Sub