Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tue Oct 16
data
.

Basically I want the columns to look as follows:

A B
---------------
data Oct 17
data Oct 17
data Oct 17
data Oct 17
.
.
data Oct 16
data Oct 16
data Oct 16
.
.

It seems as if Excel does not recognize dates in that format. However if
trim the left three characters it by default takes on the current year for
the specified date, which is fine with me.

My problem then is doing this in a macro, then adding this newly modified
date to column B, all the while removing the row which had the date in it
in
the first place.

To summarize....
I need the date converted to something that excel recognizes. These dates
will always be in Column A, so I'd like to just search on that, I believe
it's A:A. No selection needed.

The really tricky part is that Mon and Tues, etc are in the same column,
and
the corresponding data needs to have the correct dates, not just a blanket
date put in all of column B

Then I need to remove that initial row that had the date in it.

I know this is complex, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt