Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jerry.zornes@gmail.com is offline

Default Hyperlink creation problem

Not really an excel guy so I need help. I have a dataset that is
imported to excel. One of the columns contains a hyperlink to an
external pdf file. When the spreadsheet is first opened the column
isn't recognized as a hyperlink. However if I click into it to edit it
then exit (without making any changes) the hyperlink becomes active
for as long as I have the workbook open. When the workbook is saved,
closed and reopened the hyperlink appears to be valid. However when
you click on it you get a 404 error. until you F2 and exit the field.
At which point it works. To say I'm completely stumped is an
understatement.