Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default How to test for a Row being Visible on a Spreadsheet

Try your code this way...

Dim ran1 As Range
Dim ran2 As Range

Set ran1 = Nothing
Set ran2 = Nothing

Set ran1 = Intersect(Rows(6), Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible))

If ran1 Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "6 is hidden"
Else
MsgBox "6 is not hidden"
End If

Set ran2 = Intersect(Rows(15), Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible))

If ran2 Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "15 is hidden"
Else
MsgBox "15 is not hidden"
End If

Rick

" wrote in message
oups.com...

--
Dan Oakes

Hi Dan, thanks for the quick response.

The following is a snippet of my effort to use this property but
unfortunately the test for row 15 is coming back as nothing (as is the
test for row 6 - which is what I want) :

Dim ran1 As Range
Dim ran2 As Range

Set ran1 = Nothing
Set ran2 = Nothing

On Error Resume Next
ran1 = Rows("6").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

If ran1 Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "This is a good thing"
Else
MsgBox "This is a bad thing"
End If

ran2 = Rows("15").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

If ran2 Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "This is a bad thing"
Else
MsgBox "This is a good thing"