Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Error Message

This
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
becomes
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

(preceding comma, line continuation character, parm and value are removed)

Steve wrote:

Dave,

How do I remove it? I get an error message if I just stick a " ' " in front
of the line.

Steve

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
DataOption# parms were added in xl2002.

Remove it and test it out.

Steve wrote:

I'm trying to run a spreadsheet program written by someone else, but
successfully used by many other people.

I'm getting an error message when I hit the "Go" button. The macro runs
for
some time and then stops with this error message:

Run-time error '1004'
Application-defined or object defined error

Debug takes me to the following highlighted area:

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

I'm using Excel 2000 and Windows XP Pro (with SP2)

Can anyone shed light on this problem?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

--