Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Putting A Macro in a Cell

Jeff,
T is a worksheet function that returns text from a cell.
It has nothing to do with the T in the When function.

P is the path to the file extracted from the Hyperlink.
FileDateTime returns the file date extracted from P

Unless you are using something "different" like a Mac computer or
XL4 or XL2007, I am out of ideas.

Another way of constructing the function would be to use the
FileSystemObject (as JLatham mentioned). However, you would
still have to extract the file path from the Hyperlink.
--
Jim Cone

"Jeff W."
wrote in message
Jim, I think I have the hyper links correct. I did however
remove one, and use the insert from the menu, but its the
same results.

I can see that the three var's from the macro are ;
"when", "T" and "P"

If I use the formula "=T(E2)" it will return the name of the hyperlink
the way you see it in "E2".

I dont see how or where it is trying to get the date of the actual file,

I mean it looks like this will try to get the date of the hyperlink rather
than the file date.

The directory where this is C:\mcam\Work Log and the WORD doc's
that are hyperlinked are in C:\mcam\Work Log\Activity

My first though would have been to find the hyperlink name in this
directory then, get the date of the file.

Is this another way of doing this?
<Jeff