Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pman Pman is offline

Default Column totals depending on different criteria

Hi JRform,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm kind of very new to VBA coding, so if you could please tell me what the
formula would look like, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Prash.

"JRForm" wrote:

You may want to try a formula the function SUMIF(range,criteria,sum column)

"Pman" wrote:

Good Morning, and a hearty Monday to all of you.

I have a worksheet with a lot of columns. In one of the columns (lets say A)
I have the name of the piblications, in B I have the dates on which the ads
appear, and in column C I have the cost per insertion. There is a line in
between 2 different publications. The information looks something like this:
Column A Column B Column C
Pub 1 11th nov 500
Pub 1 12th nov 500
Pub 1 17th nov 500
Pub 1 18th nov 500

Pub 2 19th nov 300
Pub 2 24th nov 400

Pub 3 11th dec 500
Pub 3 12th dec 500
Pub 3 14th dec 500

The number of Publications vary in every file. I was wondering if someone
could help with a macro to add the cost per insertion in column C, so that I
get the total cost per publication in the blank row.

Thanks,
Prash