Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Help on IE Object for Excel

Erazmus,

Since most of the programmatic web page access is happening via javascript,
your best bet to pick this up is going to be hanging out in the javascript
newsgroups. The main challenge is learning the HTML Document Object Model
and how to interact with it: translation from javascript to VBA is not too
difficult.

Still, if you have specific questions you might still pose them here...

Tim

"Erazmus" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi :)

I'm working on something else entirely but it involves sending data to
IE (A registration process where the same/similar data is keyed into
multiple intranet sites and programs.) In my searching so far I have
not seen a single example that allows you to retrieve information from
a webpage you have navigated to using VBA. Everything seems to be
tailored to sending information to the other application such as IE.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on any guru responses to this question
though.

As an aside, your IT people have said the metric data can be
downloaded at once, is it not easier to download that data and work
some magic on the raw data to update your tables?

Hope you get a detailed response from someone in the know.

Erazmus.