Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JRForm JRForm is offline

Default Column totals depending on different criteria

You may want to try a formula the function SUMIF(range,criteria,sum column)

"Pman" wrote:

Good Morning, and a hearty Monday to all of you.

I have a worksheet with a lot of columns. In one of the columns (lets say A)
I have the name of the piblications, in B I have the dates on which the ads
appear, and in column C I have the cost per insertion. There is a line in
between 2 different publications. The information looks something like this:
Column A Column B Column C
Pub 1 11th nov 500
Pub 1 12th nov 500
Pub 1 17th nov 500
Pub 1 18th nov 500

Pub 2 19th nov 300
Pub 2 24th nov 400

Pub 3 11th dec 500
Pub 3 12th dec 500
Pub 3 14th dec 500

The number of Publications vary in every file. I was wondering if someone
could help with a macro to add the cost per insertion in column C, so that I
get the total cost per publication in the blank row.

Thanks,
Prash