Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Checkbox sum

Hi Fred,

Create a linked cell for the checkbox anywhere on the worksheet and sum the
values if the cell is true otherwise put nothing (2 double quotes like this
"") in the cell.

Example assuming A1 is the linked cell and D2:D4 is the range to sum.

=IF(A1=TRUE,SUM(D2:D14),"")

If statement which tests for True or False can be shortened to this:-

=IF(A1,SUM(D2:D14),"")

Regards,

OssieMac

"Fred's" wrote:

Hi,

I need to know how can I make a sum with checkboxes

Example:

Containers: caxu125414, quanity of pairs: 220

Containers: chjcu25455, quanity of pairs: 5620

And next to the quanity cell, I've a checkbox (True or False)

Now, how and which formula can I use to make a sum, when the ckeckbox
is at TRUE?