Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve[_8_] Steve[_8_] is offline

Default Error Message

I'm trying to run a spreadsheet program written by someone else, but
successfully used by many other people.

I'm getting an error message when I hit the "Go" button. The macro runs for
some time and then stops with this error message:

Run-time error '1004'
Application-defined or object defined error

Debug takes me to the following highlighted area:

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

I'm using Excel 2000 and Windows XP Pro (with SP2)

Can anyone shed light on this problem?

Thanks for any help,

Steve