Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steved Steved is offline

Default Find Next row

Hello from Steved

I have a worksheet that gets new information Daily

The below works fine except when I bring in new Data and run the macro it
finds the next row which has a Surname in Col I and first name in Col J for
example it may be row 100 the macro will Combine Col I and Col J into Col I
which is What it is required to do, then it deletes everything above it
please what is reqired to stop the deleting Thankyou.

Sub Trythis()
Dim lastcell As Long
Dim i As Long
lastcell = Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To lastcell
'combine Column I and J
Range("I" & i).Value = Range("I" & i).Value & " " & _
Range("I" & i).Offset(0, 1).Value
'clear column B value
Range("I" & i).Offset(0, 1).Value = ""
Next