Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dale Fye Dale Fye is offline

Default Invalid Property Value error in UserForm combo box

Thanks, Chip.

I've been working with Access for so many years, I'm going to have to train
myself to think "outside the box" with Excel.
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can set the MatchEntry proprety to 1 - Match Entry Complete and then put
an empty value at the top of the list.

With Me.ComboBox1
.AddItem ""
.AddItem "AAA"
.AddItem "ABC"
.AddItem "BBB"
.AddItem "BCD"
.AddItem "BCCEE"
End With

I believe this will allow you to do what you want.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dale Fye" wrote in message
Let me clarify.

I found the MatchRequired and Style properties, and I really want to keep
the MatchRequired set to true.

Is there a way to allow a blank entry in a field and still keep
MatchRequired as true?

I know I can change MatchRequired to false, and then write some code for
the
AfterUpdate of the combo to test to see whether the entered value is in
the
list that populated the combo, but would like to avoid this extra coding
if
possible.

Thanks
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Dale Fye" wrote:

I have several combo boxes on a user form that I am using to populate
cells
in a hidden worksheet. After one of these combo boxes gets the focus, I
am
unable to move the focus to another control on the form if I don't select
value from the combo box. This error also occurs after I have seleted a
value from the combo an then gone back and deleted it.

The dialog box does not indicate a particular error number, and only
gives
the OK button to exit. To move my cursor out of the control, I have to
escape out, which voids the other changes I have made to that "record".

I'm sure there is a property (AllowNulls) or something like that that I
am
missing on these combo boxes, would someone please enlighten me?

Dale