Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Using an array with an additional independent cell value

Unless I am missing something from your question... if you are subtracting
the same constant value from each array element, wouldn't the Kth smallest
element stay the same? Just get the Kth smallest value from the original
array and subtract your constant from whichever value is returned. Based on
your posted test formula, I am thinking you want this...

=SMALL(A1:A4,3)-B1

Rick

"nerohnze" wrote in message
I want to calculate the kth smallest number of an array, but the formula
must
take the array values by subtracting a constant from each array value. I
know
you can tell me to design a new array by subtracting a constant from each
array value, but i wonder whether i can skip an additional column.

The formula below is WRONG but can express what i meant to do:
=SMALL(({A1-B1;A2-B1;A3-B1;A4-B1});3)

Thanks for help