Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff W. Jeff W. is offline

Default Renaming an open workbook

When I do this, then I open that temple manually and try try to run the
macros that do all the work for them, it errors out with

runtime error 76
path not found

It will run as a xls but not as a xlt with out error

I checked all my vba and there arent any references to ".xls" or even the
file name "setup" so I'm not sure where this path error is coming from

<Jeff

You are going about this from the wrong end.

Save setup.xls as a Template and it can't be overwritten.

FileSave AsFile TypeTemplate(*.xlt)

Then instruct your users to click on that Template.

A new workbook will open based upon the setup.xlt template.

Users will fill in and manipulate data then save as any name they wish and
where they want without affecting the original.

To get rid of the macros in the new workbook see Chip Pearson's site for
removing modules.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:05:55 -0500, "Jeff W."
wrote:

So when they do exit it wont over write the setup.xls book

If I could get it to "rename" my work book and remove all the macros that
would be great, cause after the rename and ultimatly the save the user
does
it becomes a simple datafile...