Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default Help with a simple menu please

On Oct 14, 10:23 am, wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to make a simple menu / macro? that will help do the
following...

When a sheet is opened, I want it to be showing a simple menu and
asking / waiting for an input -
like ...

FOR THE MAIN TASK GROUP PRESS "A"
FOR ITEMS LIST PRESS "B"
FOR ASSIGNED TIMES PRESS "C"

Excel would then wait for that input and jump to that named range

then I think when I am done with that particular area I could press
CNTRL+ HOME to go to A1 - where the "Main Menu" is ... and enter
another choice - to go to a different spot if I choose.

If someone could direct me in the right direction I would appreciate
it.

TIA

Mike

Could an input box work? In the Open event of the workbook, place
something like below (modify to suite):
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim varAnswer As String
starter:
varAnswer = InputBox("Enter A, B, or C", _
"Required Input")
If varAnswer = "" Then Exit Sub
varAnswer = UCase(varAnswer)
If Not varAnswer = "A" And Not varAnswer = "B" _
And Not varAnswer = "C" Then
MsgBox "Has to be A, B, or C", , "Error"
GoTo starter
Else
Cells(1, varAnswer).Select