Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sean Sean is offline

Default Run a Macro on Workbook Open Q

On Oct 13, 1:23 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
Nope.

The code in the workbook doesn't know anything about what instance it's running
under.

The instance of excel depends on how you started excel (or your workbook).

If you open excel and then double click on a .xls file in windows explorer, do
you get another instance of excel, or does your workbook open in the existing
instance?

Sean wrote:

Yes I assume it was open under a different instance, but doesn't the
code you wrote create a fresh instance anyway?

--

Dave Peterson

If I double click on an Excel file in Win explorer a new instance
doesn't open up. I guess then the way Schedule task opens my specified
file, it opens a new instance, if so its perfect for me, as I wish to
minimise the schedule task instance, not one I maybe working on at the
time

Thanks for yor help Dave