Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Adaptable pivot table ranges

If you are not looking for a Macro solution then perhaps the programming area
is not the best place to post. That being sid it can be done without macros
so that would have been my suggested solution anyways... Check out this
link...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Allenx" wrote:

What is a general technique for handling the
follow situation?

I use pivot tables and pivot charts to analyze
a dataset. Each week, the dataset's
record count increases (thus the rows the
pivot table uses expands).

I want to avoid manually re-building the pivot
table and pivot charts each week and would like the
pivot table's range to expand automatically to
include all records.

It appears using named ranges in the
pivot table definition is not allowed. Also, I want to
avoid using macros if possible.