Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sean Sean is offline

Default Run a Macro on Workbook Open Q

I wish to execute a Macro on opening up of an Excel file, but only if
the time the file is opened up is between 8:40am and 8:42am Mon-Fri
and 9:40am and 9:42am Sat-Sun.

My questions a

1) How would I do the above? I plan to open the file via Schedule
Task, so I've placed a 2 min window for opening, just in case between
the schedule task running and the file actually opening up, might take
longer than specifying an exact time eg 8:40 am and thus will mis the
execution of the macro.

2) Can I call a named macro, say Macro1 (that is within a normal
module) or do I have to enter all the code line by line, my code in
Macro1 also has several macros called within? I'm never sure on this
point if I have to re-enter the code line by line, I know if I do, it
will work, but will just calling the macro also work?

Thanks