Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
vandy vandy is offline

Default Inventory calculations

I am sorry. I did not ask the question in the proper order.

Once the item is received as instockt the value does not change. The items
gets issued as per requirments and the QOH has to be calculated for every
issue made.

How to calculate the qoh and simultaneously update the instock amount to
reflect the qoh to keep it current.

item no Instock Issued Qoh

aa 56 2 54
bb 30 1 29

next time when i issue
item no Instock Issued Qoh

aa 56 3 53
bb 30 2 28

my qoh for the items should be

aa 54-3 = 51
bb 29-2 = 27

how can i do this.

thanks for your patience in reading this msg again!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

In your example, when you issued 4, you changed the 56 to a 54 and the 2 to
a 4. Then the formula would show 50 which is correct I believe.

Tom Ogilvy

"vandy" wrote:

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply. that is the first thing i tried.

b10 c10 d10
instock issue qoh = instock - issue

56 2 54

next time when i go to issue and change it to 4 it will give me

56-4 = 52 which is wrong.

Should not the qoh = instock qty to make the qoh current. or am i missing
something here.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

in qoh, why not put a formula

=Instock-issue

so if instock was B10 and issue was C10, D10: =B10-C10

Tom Ogilvy

"vandy" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a situation were i need to calculate the current stock inventory of
items.

eg:

item no Instock Issued Qoh

aa 56 2 54
bb 30 1 29

next time when i go to item aa and bb and issue some more items than it
should update the qoh

eg
qoh. should get updated as instock for the next transaction.

item no Instock Issued Qoh

aa 54 4 40
bb 29 2 27

can this be done. I am not very good with VBA. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance