Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jb jb is offline

Default dsum with IsNumber()

Hmm, didn't think of that. Thank you.

John
"Jim Cone" wrote in message

=SUM(B6:B10)-SUMIF(C6:C10,"0",B6:B10)
This just sums all numbers in column B then subtracts.
Jim Cone

"jb"
wrote in message
On a similar note, how do you do a compound criteria? That is, in the
below
example, if I wanted to get all "Bounce" and all "Return", how do I
specify
the Criteria? I tried "=Bounce OR Return", "=Bounce" OR "=Return" but
neither of those worked.

Also, trying to use not equal <, how do you use AND or OR like <Bounce
And
< Return?
Thanks for your help.
John

"Jim Cone"
wrote in message
With the data in B5:C10...
=SUMIF(C6:C10,"0",B6:B10)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"jb"
wrote in message
Hello,
I need to do a dsum with a criteria of Isnumber(Check Number Column). I
do
not know how to put a criteria in where I can return values only for
those
rows where there is a number in another column.
Paid Check #
$100 1234
$200 Bounce
$300 4567
$400 Return
$500 7777
I need a dsum to come back with $900 which are the 3 numeric looking
Check
#'s. I can't figure out how to put the criteria in.
Thank you.