Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default COMPLICATED VLOOKUP

It should be as I wrote it. It will count the original invoice, so it should
always be at least 1.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joel" wrote:

Tom it should either be 0 or =1

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

in the paid column (assume that is D)

d2: =if(countif(A:A,"*"&A2&"*")1,"Y","N")

This assumes that your invoice numbers are unique. In otherwords if your
invoice numbers were

1
5
10
5,10

then the formula in D2 would match the 1 found in the string in 5,10 to the
first invoice number (1) which would be incorrect. This isn't a problem if
you have invoice numbers like

111
112
113
114
112,114

where one invoice number is not a subset of another invoice number.

Tom Ogilvy

"shaqil" wrote:

Dear All,

I have the data in following format:

Invoice # Chq # Amount Paid
1 10
2 20
3 30
1,3 987 40

I want to lookup the invoice # which has been paid thru chq and mark
"Y" in Paid column. In above example invoice # 1 and 3 has been paid
thru Chq # 987 so they should be marked "Y".

Can anybody help me?

Thnx in advance.