Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ToyFixer ToyFixer is offline

Default Remove password

I have set passwords for Excel files through
SaveAsToolsGeneral OptionsPassword to Open...

The users are allowed to use these password protected Excel files (for data
entry) through a MSAccess Database which I created to manage the files. When
the users select the files they want to use, the password is passed through
the code and opens the file for them.

Now the problem is the users want a copy of the Excel files for their
reporting needs. So far I have managed to save a copy of the original Excel
file on the user's desktop for them. How do I remove the password when I give
a copy to the users?

I tried
ThisWorkbook.Unprotect ("password") and
ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect("password")

But they don't seem to remove the password required to open the file which
was set in the Save As dialogue box.
Can anyone point me in the direction how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance
Toyfixer