Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Optimizing transferring values

I have a macro which copies data from several .txt files into a spreadsheet
(~12,000 cells per spreadsheet), and around 350 spreadsheets are created this
way. This normally takes around 2-4 minutes per spreadsheet depending on the
machine it runs on, which I would like to shorten a little if possible. I
think I've found a bottleneck in the process in the following portion of the
code:

With wbkCurrentTri.Sheets("Data")
Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=strFilePath & strTxtName, DataType:=xlDelimited
Set wbkTxt = ActiveWorkbook
'Copy the creation date
.Cells(5 + 150 * (NumAcctOrder - 1), 67).Value = _
wbkTxt.Sheets(1).Cells(2, 2).Value
'Copy the data
For q = 1 To NumQuarters 'Loop for the number of quarters
.Cells(8 + q + 150 * (NumAcctOrder - 1), 67).Value = _
wbkTxt.Sheets(1).Cells(11 + q, 2 + NumQuarters - q).Value
Next q
'Close the text file
wbkTxt.Close
End With

But I am stuck on how to improve this section - does anyone have any
suggestions on how to speed this up?

Thanks in advance
--
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't.