Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
archerokie archerokie is offline

Default Referencing CountA - Excel automation object not closing

Hi all. This is my first post here but have gotten valuable info already by
browsing posts.

I need to determine if a row is blank. I found the CountA function and it
works well, returning 0 if the row is blank. However, I have had trouble in
Excel automation in the past by not having valid or properly qualified
references to Excel objects.

The following code (part of a bigger sub) works fine and does what I need
except for one thing, when the procedure is complete, the Excel object won't
close. Can anyone tell me where my improper reference may be?

(if I comment out the rows with CountA, the Excel object closes)

Thanks.
Keith

With .Sheets(strSheetStoreName)
xlApp.ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks

r = 57
Do Until r intLastRow 'outer loop
Do Until xlApp.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 'inner loop
If xlApp.CountA(Rows(r)) < 0 Then r = r - 1
Loop 'inner loop
If xlApp.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then .HPageBreaks.Add
Befo=.Range("a" & r)
r = r + 57
Loop 'outer loop
End With '.sheets(strsheetstorename)