Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les Les is offline

Default Text Combinations

"Les" wrote:

Hello

I have the letters A - J (10 in total).
There is 1 letter in each cell from A1 to A10 or A1 to J1 if you prefer.

I'm trying to produce a list of combinations, not permutations, for however
many characters I use and what the remaining combination of characters are.

e.g. I want to use 5 characters a - e, what are all possible combinations of
those 5 charcaters and what are possible combinations of the remaining
characters.

another e.g. I want to use 3 characters c - e, what are the combinations of
those 3 and then the remaining 7

Thanks in advance

Sorry, a little confusing, if you were to use 5 letters a, b, c, d, e then
there would only be one remaining combination possible fg,h, i, j.

Thanks