Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Renaud Bill Renaud is offline

Default Excel Event Firing with Automatic Calculation

Interesting! I use Excel 2000, and I always see the "Calculate" event
first, followed by the "SelectionChange" event, regardless of whether I hit
"Enter" or whether I select a different cell to enter the changed value
into the previously edited cell.

Would using only the "Change" event work for you, rather than using both
the "Calculate" and "SelectionChange" events? It seems that this would be
what you are really trying to capture. On my machine, the "Calculate" event
occurs before the "Change" event, so your worksheet should be up-to-date
before you attempt to write back to storage.

You might be able to use Application.Calculate in your "Change" event
handler to make sure the worksheet has been calculated anyway.
Bill Renaud