Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
IAN IAN is offline

Default Copy actual URL from hyperlink cell

I have a spreadsheet with thousands of records. One column contains
hyperlinks either created manually using the Insert-Hyperlink action
or via a =HYPERLINK() dynamic formula.

I need to return the URL for the cyperlink column into another column
so that I can use it for some other purpose. The new cells would
simply contain text like http://website/folder/file.htm.

I couldn't find a function that returned the URL, so I'm wondering if
there is another way to get the info? A macro possibly?

Thanks for your help
IAN