Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dungan dan dungan is offline

Default SURELY macros still work after exiting the workbook they live in...er, don't they?

enter them in personal.xls

On Oct 9, 4:35 pm, wrote:
I've written some little useful functions and keyboard macros (e.g.
Shift-Ctrl-B to make cell font blue, Shift-Ctrl-W to wrap text, etc.)

I often keep several workbooks in memory at a time. But if I exit the
workbook that contains the macros, they seem to disappear from memory
and stop working.

Can't you keep some image of them in memory? Can't you, say, keep
their VBA Module in memory, without also having to keep the user data
in their book in memory, as well?

Which is another way of saying: What I really wanna do is load the
macros in an autoexec workbook, then jettison the book.

Can I do it? Or do I need to keep the book parked in memory?

Thanks much.

***