Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default modifications on the code

In just looking at your code (without actually testing it), this line looks
wrong for what you want to do...

If NOT j.Value = "Apple" Or j.Value = "Orange" or
j.Value = "Banana" Then

I think you need parentheses around all of the tests so that the NOT
operator applies to the group...

If NOT (j.Value = "Apple" Or j.Value = "Orange" or j.Value = "Banana") Then

Rick

"George" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, Group:

I need your help to modify my code. Here is what I expect:

In Column A under sheet1 with unknown rows, I always want to keep the
first 3 rows. For the rest other than the first 3 rows, I need a maco
to delete any rows if the cell value is NONE of "Apple", "Orange", or
"Banana".

Here is my code:

Sub DeleteRows()

Dim RangeColumnA As Range
Dim j As Range

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set RangeColumnA = .Range("A4", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each j In RangeColumnA
If NOT j.Value = "Apple" Or j.Value = "Orange" or j.Value =
"Banana" Then
j.EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next j