Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Highlight Matched Rows

Sean,

You can use Conditional Formatting (CF) to do this. First, go to the Insert
menu, choose Name, then Define. In that dialog, enter "Verified" (without
the quotes) in the "Names in workbook" box and enter
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A),1) in the Refers To text box.
Change Sheet2 to the name of the sheet containing your verified list sheet
and change $A$1 and $A$A to the column with your verified names. Click OK.
This step to create a Defined Name is required because you can't have a CF
rule pointing directly to a range on another sheet, but using a Name that
points to another sheet is allowed.

Next, select cells the cells on sheet1 that contain the names. Open the CF
dialog from the Format menu, change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is", and
enter the following formula:

=NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,Verified,0)))

Change A1 to the first cell in your list on sheet2. Then click the Format
button to change the format as desired.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Sean" wrote in message
I have a workbook with two (2) sheets on it. On sheet one (1) I have all
my
warehouse locations on it down column "A" from rows 3 to 700. On sheet
two
(2) in column "A" I enter daily the locations that have been verified! I
want sheet one (1) to highlight in yellow the locations that have been
verified and leave the other ones alone, so I know what needs to be done
still? Any help on this would be grateful...

Thanks,

Sean