msbutton27

This is what I just tried and it fails - did I do something wrong:

=sumproduct(--(RAW Data'!D1:D400="Mike"),--(RAW Data'!K1:K400="yes"))

I am typing this into the formula bar in Excel - sorry but I am not that
advance with Excel, there afraid I am missing something...

THanks for any help,
Mike

"bj" wrote:

Sumproduct() will work
=sumproduct(--(column1range="Mike"),--(Column2range="Yes"))
the --( changes the logical true false to a 1,0 numeric response.
the arrays in each section must be the same size but cannot be the shorthand
for full rows or columns (not A:A)

"msbutton27" wrote:

I have two columns in a spreadsheet, and I need to count the entires in
column two depending on column 1...For example:

Column 1 Column 2
Mike Yes
Mike No
Tom Yes
Mike Yes
Tom No

So In the above example I need to add all the Yes's that Mike has, not all
the yes's just the ones associated to the row Mike is on...

Any ideas, or does this make sense.

...Mike