Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default using UNION via Automation = invalid range result!?

Afraid I didn't concentrate while reading your post.

FWIW, generally charts do not require ranges to be contigous or even same
size.
eg following for a single series with values in discontiguous ranges -

s = "=(" & rng.Areas(1).Address(, , xlR1C1, True)
For i = 2 To rng.Areas.Count
s = s & "," & rng.Areas(i).Address(, , xlR1C1, True)
Next
s = s & ")"
sr.Values = s ' similarly sr.XValues

where rng is a multi-area range and sr is a Series object

Of course not necessary to Union & create a multi area range, other ways to
build a similar string.

Regards,
Peter T

"Mark Burns" wrote in message
Peter,

If they were only addresses, the UNION method would error out.
It "succeeds".

I have since discovered that even of you do "fixup" the external