sandenscot

Default excel locks up after selecting a cell

I have a laptop...so the problem is not a scrolling mouse wheel.....when I
select a cell in the workbook it will not let it go....as I move the mouse
around it keeps selecting all the sells as if i have the mouse held
down....do not appear to have a key stuck either......however...when the cell
is selected...(before i click the cursor in a cell) i can move around to
different cells with the arrow keys and it only selects one cell at a
time...like it is suppose to...as soon as I click with the mouse the whole
spreadsheet continues to be selected wherever i move the mouse...even if i
move the mouse off the spreadsheet....it just keeps selecting all the cells
in that direction....HELP