Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Texttocolumns and Date Format using Macro - UK International s

How are you performing the import?

Tim

"KenY" wrote in message
Unfortunately, no. The system I am extracting from is used globally, so
the
extract/report would need to be different for each country format.
--
KenY

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Can you just do the date formatting in the SQL before it arrives in
Excel?

Tim

"KenY" wrote in message
Would appreciate any help on this one. Using Excel 2003 / Windows XP
SP2.

I import information from a database - this includes dates that are in
MM/DD/YYYY format. As I am in the UK, Excel's auto-features convert
some
of
the dates correctly, others incorrectly. I therefore use the
data/texttocolumns function to give correct dates - have done this many
times.