Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default hiding rows

I'm confused by the wording of your question below. I think you want to
reverse which columns are hidden and which are not hidden. You have to just
change True to False

This code hides values that were not FOUND
If found = False Then
Columns(col).Hidden = True
End If
This code hides values that were FOUND
If found = True Then
Columns(col).Hidden = True
End If

"Bumblebee" wrote:

Sorry, ignore my last question, when I read your answer I realized I didn't
really want to ask that. What I meant was that the rows in question are not
hidden with the procedure you gave me, the firt one.

"Joel" wrote:

Easily fixed. Less than in math means from negative infinity to -0.012. You
want
-0.012 < x <= 0.

Sub test()

Dim SearchCol As Variant
Dim difference As Double

SearchCol = Array("S", "AB", "AK", "AT", "BC", "BL", "BU", "CD", "CM", "CV")

For Each col In SearchCol
found = False
For RowCount = 24 To 158
If (Cells(RowCount, col).Value -0.012) and _
(Cells(RowCount, col).Value <= 0) Then

found = True
Exit For
End If

Next RowCount
If found = False Then
Columns(col).Hidden = True
End If
Next col

End Sub

"Bumblebee" wrote:

I was interested in hiding the rows, those rows that contain a number 0<-0.012

"Joel" wrote:

Here is some code. Blank columns will be made invisible.

Sub test()

Dim SearchCol As Variant
Dim difference As Double

SearchCol = Array("S", "AB", "AK", "AT", "BC", "BL", "BU", "CD", "CM", "CV")

For Each col In SearchCol
found = False
For RowCount = 24 To 158
If Cells(RowCount, col).Value <= -0.012 Then

found = True
Exit For
End If

Next RowCount
If found = False Then
Columns(col).Hidden = True
End If
Next col

End Sub

"Bumblebee" wrote:

I've got a table that goes form rows 24 to 158 and from colums D to DC and I
want the macro to search colums S, AB, AK, AT, BC, BL, BU, CD, CM, CV, and if
any cell in one of these columns has a number equal to or lower that -0.012
then that row I want shown, the rest hidden. How would I go about
constructing a macro to do this?