klam

Default Inserted Rows not re-calculating

I use SUM(Column_Title) a lot as I often do not know how many rows the
worksheet will grow to. It works great but when I add in rows, and
double-click on the formula cell, the extra rows I added are not included in
the formula range (the colour-highlighted box).

My workaround is to double-click on the formula, then double-click the
colunm title (in Row 1). Then when I double-click the formula again, it
shows it formula range includes the rows I added.

This has been happening for a while, and the workaround is tiresome as there
are many columns in some of my worksheets (and I have to double-check to make
sure I didn't miss any). I have tried F9 and CalculateSheet, both have no
effect. Is there some way to get it to update automatically? (I thought
that was the point of it, rather than having to input a cell range.)

Excel 2000 in XP.
cheers,