Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Data validation drop down list selection change

There's a sample file here that fills in a product code, after a product
is selected. You could adapt the technique to your workbook:

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0004 - Data Validation Change'

Mekinnik wrote:
Is there a way to change what is entered into a cell from a drop down list..
Basiclly what I want to do is when the user selects a state from the drop
down list lets say from column a1 I want instead of the state name to fill in
the cell, I want the state abbreviation to fill the cell again, based off the
users selection from the drop down list. I created the drop down list useing
the Data Validation tool. I thought of using an If statement however that
would be monsterous due to there of course being 50 states. Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

--
Debra Dalgleish