Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Alternative to SendKeys for field that' not in tab sequence

Does it have an Alt-key shortcut

Regards,
Peter T

"BillyRogers" wrote in message
Well the problem is that you can't Tab into the field. the original
programmer left it completely out of the tab sequence.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Sorry, I misread your original post. I'm guessing you can't get the

original
programmer to change the tab order for you. One thing you can do is see

how
many Tab Key presses it takes to go from the Password field to the
Destination field, then use that number in a single SendKeys function

call
inside a macro. For example, if it takes 8 Tab Key presses to move from

the
Password field to the Destination field, this single line of code

(placed in
a macro subroutine) will execute that many Tab Key presses...

SendKeys "{TAB 8}"

Change the 8 to the actual number of Tab Key presses required.

Rick

"BillyRogers" wrote in message
Sorry I don't know if I explained this. The decryption exe is not a
program
i wrote. I can't change any of the field properties.

there is a brows button I'm going to try to use that...it will just
require
a heck of a lot of sendkeys to navigate to the correct folder.

Thanks,
--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

It's not in the correct tab sequence because of when it was added

the
UserForm. The TabIndex property controls the order the controls

will be
visited in when the Tab Key is pressed.

I meant to add to the above... "The TabIndex is assigned sequentially

as
the
controls are added to the UserForm; however, the TabIndex can be
reassigned
by you, at any time, as necessary".

Rick