bj

true, but the above is better than nothing

"Gary's Student" wrote:

Insufficient. A user can always open a spreadsheet in Office Safe Mode and
avoid miscreant macros.
--
Gary's Student

"bj" wrote:

set up a macro which runs at opening. when if the date is greater than your
data of interest select all in each sheet, copies and pastes special-value.
I would also have it delete all modules except the module including this
macro. and have it close the file so that they can't just do undo. you need
to have a rweset in the macro so it only runs once and they can then opn the
file with the data as text only.

"y_not" wrote:

I produce a number of quite complex spreadsheets for a number of
clients. One client is due to change suppliers at the end of the year
and currently recieves a very large amount of management information
from us via the spreadsheets.

It might sound like "sour grapes" but after they change suppliers I do
not want the new supplier to simply pick up my spreadsheets and
continue to provide the same management information without having any
of the cost/headaches associated with producing the spreadsheets.

Is there a way, perhaps using the date, to set the formulas to
automatically delete themselves after a given date?

I have no problem with the format or data - it's just removing the
formulas.

Logic says I should have password protected the files in the beginning
... hindsight is a great thing!

I think that I am right in believing that I am not breaking any laws
etc. (and I certainly don't want to even think about viruii). The
iinformation is supplied as a service for which there is no charge.

Any advice would be appreicated.

Tony

--
y_not