Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eliano eliano is offline

Default problem with active cell

Hi John.
Your post is not much clear, however try to insert in your UDF:
Range("D2").Value = your integer value
Regards
Eliano

"none" <""john"@(none)" wrote:

I have written a function in VBA, Excel 2003.
In the spreadsheet I have placed it in the cell via the formula bar text
e.g. "=dostuff()"

The function works and is called whenever the cell changes or when the
spreadsheet is opened. This is great.

But if I want the function to change the contents of another cell, i.e.
not the cell that called the function then this results in an
Application defined error or object defined error.

I believe the problem may be that I can not change the active cell from
the cell that has called this function.

In summary, I have placed the function "=dostuff() in cell "A1"
I want the function to return an integer (no problem it does this)
I also want it to enter an integer value into cell "D2"

Is there a way of doing this?

Thank you for your help.

john