Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
needVBAhelp needVBAhelp is offline

Default Goto Worksheet with Defined Range Name

Thank you, Joel. I tried:

Application.Goto Reference:=Application.Range("rngCopyTo"), _
scroll:=True

But I got the following error message:

Method 'Range' of object '_Application' failed

Any suggestions? Thanks again.

--
needVBAhelp

"Joel" wrote:

The VBA help show how to use the GOTO method
This example selects cell A154 on Sheet1 and then scrolls through the
worksheet to display the range.

Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A154"), _
scroll:=True

You can replace the range with a named range
Sub test()
Application.Goto Reference:=Application.Range("rngCopyTo"), _
scroll:=True
End Sub

"needVBAhelp" wrote:

I have a macro that defines a range name as follows:

Set rngCopyTo = Application.InputBox( _
prompt:="Select the UPPER LEFT CELL of the " _
& "range to which you wish to paste", _
Title:="Copy Range Formulae", Type:=8).Cells(1, 1)

I do not know in advance the worksheet that will ultimately contain the
range for "rngCopyTo".

Later in the macro, I want to goto "rngCopyTo".

I have tried the following, but I get an error message unless the selected
worksheet contains the range for "rngCopyTo". Is there a VBA code that will
find and select the worksheet that contains "rngCopyTo"?

rngCopyTo.Select

Thank you for any help.

--
needVBAhelp