Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JRForm JRForm is offline

Default Loop through a range using a specific start and end

luci,

Here use this

Range(rng).Select
Selection.Replace What:=oldVal, Replacement:=newVal, LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

"luci" wrote:

I want to be able to loop through a specific range. The user inputs the begin
cell (A300) and end cell (A350). The user inputs the "old Value" and "new
Value". A version of this works if I use Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell), but I
have to insert an emply row. I want to just enter a being cell and an end
cell.
Also, can I have the user input more than one variable at a time?

See code below:

Sub ChangeEquipment()
Dim newcellVal
Dim oldVal
Dim newVal
Dim startNum
Dim endNum
Dim rng As Range
Dim myrng As Range

startNum = InputBox("Enter start:")
endNum = InputBox("Enter end:")
Range(startNum).Select

oldVal = InputBox("Change from" & vbCrLf & _
"Example: 01- ")
newVal = InputBox("Change to" & vbCrLf & _
"Example: 02-")

Set rng = Range(startNum & ":" & endNum).Cells

For Each myrng In rng
'Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
newcellVal.Row = ActiveCell.Replace(oldVal, newVal, xlPart,
xlByRows, False, False, False, False) = False
'ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

Next myrng
'Loop

End Sub