Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional Formatting while working with 2 columns

Shouldn't matter, the formula will update inline with the rows.

--
HTH

Bob

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Thanks, but unfortunately this wouldn't work for me. You see, the data I
work
with is updated daily, so the rows change from time to time. if i choose
E1
explicitly, it might not shade the cell correctly when the row number for
that line item changes.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Select all the cells in column A, starting at A1

Got to FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =$E120
Click the Format button